Council of Science Editors
The Council of Biology Editors (CBE) was established in 1957 by joint action of the National Science Foundation and the American Institute of Biological Sciences. CBE became the Council of Science Editors (CSE) on January 1, 2000. The new name, which was voted on by the membership during 1999, more accurately reflects our expanding membership.
Today, CSE enjoys close relationships with a number of scientific publishing organizations, both national and international, but it functions autonomously, relying on the vigor of its approximately 1,000 members to attain the goals of the organization.
Any individual interested in the purpose of CSE is eligible for regular membership. Visit www.councilscienceeditors.org for more information and to apply.